Cold Heat introduces their new Air Conditioning Calculator that provides
a method to estimate the BTU's and KW's required for an air conditioning unit in the calculated area. The Air Conditioning Calculator is intuitive
and easy to use following the steps below.
Steps to use the Cold Heat Air Conditioning Calculator
- Access the Air Conditioning Calculator on our calculators page (opens
in a new browser tab or window).
- Area Dimensions: Enter the width, length and height (in Metres) of the area you would like to calculate for. Whole numbers or decimal are accepted.Note
these values are required to perform the calculation, therefore a warning will be displayed if any of them are omitted.
- Window Dimensions: Enter the width and height (in Metres) for any north facing windows in the area being measured (use a combined value for multiple
windows). Do the same for any south facing windows. Whole numbers or decimal are accepted. Note these values are optional, however, for a more
accurate result, it is advisable to enter this information if, indeed, there are windows within the area.
- Occupancy: Enter the number of people that normally be within the area. Note this value is optional, however, for a more accurate result, it is advisable
to enter this information.
- Area Power Usage: Enter the value (in KWs) for the electrical equipment used in the area and do the same for the lighting. Whole numbers or decimal
are accepted. Again, this is optional, but it's advisable to include this.
- Select the Calculate button and the total BTu's, KW's and watts for the area will be displayed.
That's all there is to it, repeat as required if you need to adjust dimensions of power usage and use the Clear Form button to remove previous entries,
Please note that the calculator is provided by Cold Heat as a guide to assist you in estimating the BTU's and KW's required of an air conditioning unit
for the calculated area. It is an estimation and there are other factors that the calculator does not take into account, therefore this does not, and
is not intended, to replace the advice of a qualified HVAC engineer. With his in mind, please use the calculator in good faith in preparation to speaking
to a qualified engineer.
If you would like to speak to a Cold Heat qualified engineer, please call us on 01495 773810.